Sunday, September 7, 2008

Element 24 is out

Yes! finally Google Chrome and Chromium have been launched and I can talk about what I have been doing. Unless you have been in a deep comma you should have seen the news about it and you might have already tried it. In my humble opinion it has been well received, even by many skeptics and even a few praises by people that are well versed in windows which are MSFT fans.

From all the stuff that goes in a browser I have been most involved with the Sandbox, the first-run experience and with the installer. I'll talk about them in due time. Of course, in many cases it would be somewhat peripherial because I rather improve the official documents that make my blog (that at last count had two subscribers) the place to go to learn about them.

By far to me the most interesting thing is the Sandbox but I haven't seen much talk about it on the security and rev-engineering sites that I monitor. In the RE community I guess is not that interesting since it is open source, so not much to reverse there. The system-level security community still silent, I think they are digesting it.

Anyhow, here is the obligatory link to the design documents. The sandbox design doc is there.

Also, Nic is also going to talk about the sandbox.

No comments: